Friday, June 6, 2008

Free Basketball Software Tournament



Recently, I was lucky to escape a banquet at the expense of not being embarrassed. Sometimes, a foreigner in China is forced to choose between drinking alcohol to vomit to build links and to maintain health.
Once, I visited an economic development zone to discuss Chinese companies on a collaborative project. As is customary among the Chinese, we were offered a banquet with many dishes, wines and spirits. Although participants are generally four or five, are usually served about ten dishes on the table, plus fruit. According to the Chinese, the wealth equivalent to a warm welcome to guests. The typical Chinese banquet is characterized by mutual toast, one after another, as if the next day there was nothing to drink. At the banquet the most heard is "gan bei", which means drinking the entire glass.
Undoubtedly, this practice to establish public relations is very dangerous as doing business with colleagues Chinese food after reduction efficiency greatly. Another pitfall is to take a lot of liquor in a short period of time causes the disease easily. The effect of alcohol on an excessive intake continues for several days, which is very unfavorable for traders.
I have attended hundreds of banquets in China and despite the liquor never fails, I discovered that there is a difference between north and south. Compared with the Chinese Northerners, Southerners are more tolerant attitude of the guests to drink or not drink, do not worry about the ability to drink and are more sociable. I think that Southerners know that there are other methods better than to drunkenness familiar with the guests.
In contrast, the northern Chinese seem to have the conviction that there are hosts qualified if they can not get drunk guests. In fact, the most discussed topic at banquets held in the north is associated with alcohol. "You're the first foreigner who does not drink liquor with us," said one trader at a recent banquet held in the northern province of Shandong. "The last time we serve liquor to an alien who came here and he fell down drunk after a few drinks." He started to laugh out loud, but I did not feel anything funny.
The cold winter in northern China is pervasive, As in Russia, Finland and Alaska USA. In the long days of winter, there is nothing to do except drink hard liquor. Northerners are considered to be undefeated to take the liquor and tend to drink to have a full belly. After going to the bathroom continue to drink until dawn.
In my opinion, for Western companies seeking to expand its business in China, I advise that those sites require guests to make liqueurs are not ideal, unless those companies have a competitive advantage there special. What is interesting is that companies of the Republic of Korea and Japan hold supremacy in such cold places. Koreans and Japanese business have a habit similar to that of northern Chinese to drink liquor. The first also prefer to drink until the dizziness to show their sincerity and courage to Chinese colleagues.
Please do not misunderstand me. I love to take one or two glasses of wine or beer at lunch, because then I become harmonious relations with the Chinese. The alcohol can bridge the gap between humans and establish mutual trust. However, drinking until vomiting occurs humorless anti-familiarity effects. Hopefully someday I can enjoy brandy Shandong relaxed without worrying about excessive toast the host hospital.
Http://spanish.china.org.cn/culture/txt/2008-05/05/content_15063921.htm

0 comments:

Post a Comment